Saturday, September 29, 2012

Letter to GOD

Dear God,

Thank you for always being there when I needed you
Thank you for listening to my prayers
When all seemed lost you gave me hope
Even through my dark days you gave me light
When I was to weak to seek change you gave me strength
When I saw myself as unworthy, You taught me that I am worthy of love and respect

I’m in a much happier place now even though I still have my days when I look at...

the past
But just knowing that you will always be there to guide me in my path comforts me.
I’m no longer that naïve girl who was afraid of being alone
Your love is all I need to get me through my days.
Everyday is a struggle but I become stronger and wiser

I watch the years go by so fast as my children grow up.
I don’t want them to grow up just yet.
I wish I could seize the moments and just forget.
There’s no doubt that my children are the most amazing gift you have ever given me.
They fill my life with love and strength.

I have something to live for what more can I ask.
Everyday is a challenge, everyday is a task
But I try to handle it with grace as best as I can
I do have my days though as I am not perfect
It’s easy to give all of myself to their special needs and lose myself in the process
But it’s OK I’m up for the challenge, I’m willing to accept my purpose.

I’ll see you when my journey is over
But not yet I have so much to live for and so much to do.
I won’t let you down.

-Vane D. Lopez

No comments:

Post a Comment