Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Blind Response


As the darkness intensifies so do my senses and self-awareness. The dryer is tumbling the children's clothes and the echoes of laughing children is still present. 

The heater roaring away trying to keep my home warm yet fails to keep my heart warm and content. My heartbeat is stomping away from my chest. 

The children are off to school so the home is missing something. My stomach roars begging me to feed it. The cell phone is practically screaming for me to pick it up and even though I can't see it with my eyes, I quickly find it as my ears guide my every move. 

Surprisingly I am able to walk around my home as if my eyes were wide open. Though physically all I see is dark, I can see and feel everything around me.

 As I pass through the hallway, I can visualize all the art work of my precious children. My daughter's first time writing her name in the wall is still present. The cracks on the wall when the children played baseball inside the home doesn't upset me anymore and comforts me. 

My eyes see darkness yet my heart sees light. Life embraces this home. Memories of young children give this home life even when they are not present. Life makes this house a home and that gives my heart comfort and peacefulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment