Wednesday, June 22, 2011

INNOCENT AS CAN BE


Trying brush it off like it don't bother me

Trying to make it seem like love just ain't for me

But deep down inside I know

I just wanna go back to the days when i was just a kid

Innocent as can be butterflies were all real to me

The fairytale life was part of my dreams

A naive young girl who just wanted to believe

That the world was mine

And true love was real

I was Afraid to be alone

Just wanting to feel complete

Fearful of the unknown

I settled for defeat

I gave my heart, my freedom, my life

All for a fantasy world filled with love

I couldn't accept that love wasn't for me

I felt my calling in life was to fall in love 

With prince charming and live happily

Little did I know that life is a mystery

As I look back and reminisce 

looking in the mirror at the windows of my soul

I see a different person

I wish i could go back and talk to the old me

I would let her know that life is not about living in a fantasy

Its about following your Dreams

Its ok to be alone 

Love is not for everybody

But God does have a plan

And that plan is to strengthen me

Even though I posses acceptance of the life God has chosen for me

I do admit that I still  go back to that young girl that haunts me

She is still a part of me

Its a good thing though cause one thing I admire about the old me

Was the ability to dream and imagine the unimaginable

Although the new me is more determined 

But usually only sees whats tangible

Throughout this revolutionary life changing process 

My only true friends have been God, my music and poetry

There's a place where I can express my thoughts, my feelings, 

And truly live out my dreams

Without being judged for not being part of the team

Where expressions, thoughts, and Love flows within streams

without even making physical contact

And where even passionate Anger flourishes from within 

Like A soaring light Beam

Ready for Attack











No comments:

Post a Comment